This European city and capital of Alsace is a young and dynamic place that will surprise you with its energetic environment, including spectacular museums, theatres, operas and cinema halls. Strasbourg is a home to some of the world's most renowned heritage sites. Restaurants are definitely something to look forward to as well.
PLACES TO VISIT:
- Cathedrale Notre-Dame de Strasbourg: This church is a perfect example of Gothic architecture, with buildings tall enough to provide sweeping views of the city.
- Modern and Contemporary Art Museum: Displaying modern art and architecture, the museum is for all the art lovers out there who wish to explore this part of the city.
- Place Kieber: its home to the main Christmas market and the best shopping location in town.
- Orangerie Park: If watching storks is your thing, then this is your place. The lake and waterfall offers for boating and relaxing.
- Gutenberg Square: City’s one of the most famous squares, Gutenberg Square, holds statue of Johannes Gutenberg.
- The Vauban Dam: Often referred to as Great Lock, offers view of covered bridges and perfect angle to admire the system of locks.
- Christmas Markets: If you want to see true colors of Strasbourg, come during the Christmas. City becomes a fairy-tale when this oldest and biggest market comes to life.
WHERE TO STAY:
Some of the best stays in the city are-
- Hotel Cour du Corbeau Strasbourg
- Hotel le bouclier d'Or
- Regent Petite France & Spa
- Best Western Hotel de L'Europe
- Hotel Cathedrale
So hurry up people, this one calls for a long trip!!